SAP Supply Chain Review
Who they are
SAP Americas is a subsidiary of SAP AG, the world’s largest business software company and the third-largest software supplier overall. SAP Americas’ corporate headquarters is located in Newtown Square, PA, a suburb of Philadelphia. The company’s officers and executives lead a team of professionals dedicated to delivering high-level customer support and services. Founded in 1972 as Systems Applications and Products in Data Processing, SAP has a rich history of innovation and growth that has made it a recognized leader in providing collaborative business solutions for all types of industries in every major market.
What they do
SAP provides top notch ERP software that helps companies efficiently plan, schedule, and sequence factory-floor production to produce and deliver promised orders. SAP ERP solutions also helps manage production processes, staff deployment, factory floor resources and inventory throughout the entire production life cycle.
Cat Logistics, LSI Logic, Airbus Spares Support and Services, Porsche AG, BASF AG, E.I. DuPont de Nemours and Co. Inc., Kraft Foods International, Conair, Siemens Medical Solutions, Sony Marketing Asia Pacific.
Supply Chain Product(s)
- SAP SCM
- SAP Business One
- SAP Business ByDesign
- SAP Business All-in-One
- SAP SRM
Product Key Features
- SAP ERP addresses the core business software requirements of the most demanding mid-size and large organizations – in all industries and sectors.
- SAP ERP draws from more than 30 years of experience with more than 40,000 customer implementations to deliver powerful functionality, global orientation, and flexible enhancement options.
- SAP is committed to delivering innovation to its customers through its SAP ERP application. With SAP enhancement packages, organizations can replace the traditional technique of improving and augmenting core processes supported by SAP ERP. Instead of waiting for functionality that is packaged with a new release, they can implement innovation from SAP without having to run a major upgrade project.
- With SAP ERP, customers ensure that their employees can readily access the critical data, applications, and analytical tools they need to perform all their job functions efficiently and effectively, while also supporting a shared-services organizational model for human resources, finances, and other key processes.
- SAP supports more than 43,400 customers worldwide, with 105,000 installations in 120 countries. SAP’s unique ecosystem consists of 11,000 consulting and education employees, plus 6,000 service and support staff.
- SAP has a large support organization with 185,000 certified partner employees, 77 trainings centers, six global support centers, nine custom development centers, and genuine 24/7 support, SAP is able to maximize an organization’s business and IT success.
Supply Chain Technology
The SAP solutions suite is comprised of licensed and on-demand applications and services. SAP’s Enterprise Service-Oriented Architecture (Enterprise SOA) is a blueprint that directs an adaptable, flexible, and open IT architecture for developing business solutions. With SAP NetWeaver as a technical foundation, enterprise SOA moves IT architectures to higher levels of adaptability and moves companies closer to real-time enterprises by elevating Web services to an enterprise level.
With a mission statement that emphasizes experience, knowledge, and technology for maximizing business, SAP has successfully leveraged its extensive experience to deliver a comprehensive range of solutions to empower every aspect of business operations. Organizations of all sizes can use SAP solutions – including small business solutions and solutions for midsize companies – to reduce costs, improve performance, and gain the agility to respond to changing business needs.